The history of Heidrive GmbH can be traced back to the year 1720. In 1938, a metal goods factory was created from a forge in Schwabach and expanded worldwide. After the first electric motors were developed and produced in 1951, the factory in Kelheim, the current headquarters, was opened in 1961. In 1968, a further business unit followed in Kelheim, specialising in system units, and in 1995 the subsidiary Heidrive s.r.o. in Mrakov, Czech Republic.
Since January 2015, the System Technology division has been operating under its own name Pasotec GmbH and, as a subsidiary of Heidrive GmbH, has taken on an important independent role in the company structure.
Since January 2016, Heidrive GmbH has been part of the US drive technology manufacturer Allied Motion Technologies Inc.
2019 / 2020
Development of AGV traction drives
Logistics 4.0 is the big buzzword of the coming years when it comes to the automation of companies.
Heidrive GmbH also presented its HeiMotion servo motors 2019 at the SPS IPC Drives in Nuremberg. The high-performance, compact servo motors are directly mounted planetary or cycloid gears with integrated electronics, making them the perfect drive unit for driverless transport systems for logistics 4.0. 2020 will see further development of the drives for the broad market.